We understand that deciding to get dentures is important, and we are committed to helping you with the decision, and ensuring you are comfortable with the process.
There are two types of dentures: full and partial. Full dentures are used when all teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
Getting dentures generally takes place over several weeks and involves multiple visits to our office.
The first step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pavlicic. During your consultation, she’ll discuss your options and help you decide if dentures are the right choice.
We’ll also take measurements and impressions of your teeth and gums during your first visit to ensure a perfect fit. The impressions will be used to create a model of your mouth. This model will then be used to create your dentures.
The next step is to select the right teeth for your dentures. Dr. Pavlicic will help you choose the right size, shape, and color of teeth that will look natural and complement your facial features.
Once the teeth are selected, we’ll work with a dental lab to have your dentures custom-made. The process usually takes a few weeks, and we’ll schedule a follow-up appointment to ensure a perfect fit.
Dr. Pavlicic will ensure the dentures fit snugly and comfortably in your mouth.
1. Start wearing dentures for a few hours daily. Then, gradually increase the time you wear them until you’re comfortable wearing them all day.
2. Eat soft foods first. As you get used to dentures, you can start to eat harder foods.
3. Practice speaking and smiling. You may feel self-conscious at first, but the more you practice, the more natural it will feel.
4. Keep your dentures clean. Be sure to brush and rinse them daily.
5. See us for regular checkups.
Meet the doctors
DR. Katarina Pavlicic
Dr. Pavlicic is a graduate of the Boston University Dental School.
In 2005, she attended Lutheran Medical Center’s Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) program and was awarded a Certificate of Advanced Dental Graduate Study.
Dr. Pavlicic graduated from the world-renowned Misch International Implant Institute and the Kois Center for Advanced Dentistry.
Dr. Pavlicic has been Oral Sedation DOCS Certified since 2006.